Pacifica is a robust beach-front community, just 10 minutes south of San Francisco and convenient to all of the Bay Area business hubs, including San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, San Jose and Oakland.
An easy commute for anyone making sales calls or attending Bay Area meetings or conventions, Pacifica is conveniently located near the San Francisco International Airport and an ideal destination for those conducting business in the San Francisco Bay Area. Additionally, the destination features ocean-front facilities and is also comparatively affordable, relative to other area “hitching posts.”
Only 20 minutes from downtown San Francisco and 35 miles from the San Jose/Silicon Valley, Pacifica’s six properties offer great value, FREE parking and easy access to freeways. For a passkey to great values, here’s a rundown of options.
America’s Best Value Inn Pacifica
Rates starting at: $99-199
2160 Francisco Blvd, Pacifica, CA, 94044
Reservations: (877) 784-6835 or www.pacifica-bestvalueinn.com
Best Western Plus Lighthouse
Rates starting at: $149-199
105 Rockaway Beach, Pacifica, CA 94044
Reservations: (650) 355-6300 or www.bestwesternlighthouse.com
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Rates starting at: $159.99-189.99
519 Nick Gust Way, Pacifica, CA 94044
Reservations: (650) 355-5000 or www.hiexpresspacifica.com
Pacifica Beach Hotel
Rates starting at: $128-279
525 Crespi Drive, Pacifica, CA 94044
Reservations: (650) 355-9999 or www.pacificabeachhotel.com
Pacifica Motor Inn
Rates starting at: $99-210
200 Rockaway Beach Avenue, Pacifica, CA 94044
Reservations: (800) 522-3772 or www.pacificamotorinn.com
Sea Breeze Motel at Rockaway Beach
Rates starting at: $99-129
100 Rockaway Beach, Pacifica, CA 94404
Reservations: (650) 359-3903
A Grape in the Fog: (650) 735-5854/www.agitf.com
Lovey’s Tea Shoppe: (650) 359-1245/www.loveysteashoppe.com
Moonraker: (650) 557-7025/www.moonrakerpacifica.com
Nick’s Seashore Restaurant: (650) 359-3903/www.nicksrestaurant.net
Puerto 27: (650) 733-7343/www.puerto27.com
Surf Spot: (650) 355-7873/www.surfspoteats.com
For those interested in extending the business trip or find time for a little leisure, here’s a Top Ten List of the most popular Pacifica attractions ~
1. Surfing: -Pacifica is home to some of Northern California’ best surfing beaches, including Linda Mar State Beach, Rockaway Beach and Sharp Park Beach.
2. Biking:– Pacifica is known in the bike community for its network of trails that overlook the Pacific Ocean. Whether pedaling a road bike or mountain biking, Pacifica features everything from leisurely rides along the paved coastal trail or ascending the flanks of Montara Mountain, towering 2000 feet above Pacifica.
3. Hiking: -There are over a dozen trails spanning many miles of ocean view treks for beginners to the most advanced. From the leisurely Mori Point coastal walk to the more advanced terrain of Sweeney Ridge, there is a hike for every level of fitness.
4. Fishing: – Some of the best fishing in the United States can be found in the inshore waters off Pacifica. In addition to salmon, striped bass often frequent the surf along with kingfish, sharks and perch. Although rare, sturgeon, barracuda and bonito frequent the coastal waters of Pacifica.
5. Crabbing: Pacifica Pier is the only place in the Bay Area where the public can crab for free. During the winter, Dungeness crab, which are not available elsewhere in the Bay Area, are abundant off the pier; in the spring, catch perch at Linda Mar Bay; in the fall, go rock fishing off Pedro Point.
6. Scuba Diving: Linda Mar Beach is an intermediate-to-advanced beach entry scuba-dive site with a diverse aquatic life, such as seals, fish and rays. In May and June, halibut come into Linda Mar Bay, which attracts many divers spearfishing for this prize fish. At Pedro Point, two wrecks lie on the ocean’s bottom in approximately 30 to 40 feet of water.
7. Golf: Sharp Park Golf Course is located just off the Pacific Coast Highway at the intersection of Sharp Park Road and Francisco Boulevard. The famous golf architect Alister Mackenzie designed the 18-hole course.
8. Archery: San Francisco Archers is a non-profit organization that promotes archery at all levels of ability and age. The club is open to the public every day.
9. Segway Tours: The many well-maintained and level trails along Pacifica’s beautiful beaches lend themselves to Segway rides. Begin your ride at Rockaway Beach and the trail wends through a rock quarry to climb up 12 scenic switchbacks over Pacifica’s Strawberry Hill to Linda Mar Beach and beyond.
10. Beaches: Pacifica features seven miles of spectacular Pacific Ocean beaches that are perfect for a whole range of recreation, including Linda Mar Beach,
Rockaway Beach, Sharp Park Beach and Mussel Rock Beach
# # # # #
Background: Pacifica. California
The natural beauty and unparalleled serenity of Pacifica, California has attracted travelers to this coastal gem for more than 100 years. Located just 15 minutes south of San Francisco, Pacifica feels worlds away but is convenient to some of the most vibrant, international communities on the West Coast. Easily accessible from Highway 1, Pacifica’ rich cultural heritage and bohemian personality make it a unique destination worth discovering.
Pacifica’s ethereal beauty is enhanced by its Mediterranean style weather. Refreshing temperatures range from 15-20 degrees cooler than the central coast, drawing visitors to Pacifica’s shoreline to ‘cool’ off during the hot summer months with its natural air-conditioning and attractive oceanfront accommodations. Likewise, Pacifica’s equally-appealing winter travel season provides a dramatic setting for those interested in off-season values and romantic departures.
Of the many diversions, Pacifica boasts some of the most breathtaking panoramic vistas atop a wide range of hiking trails and walking adventures along the expansive beaches dotting the destination’s shoreline. Additionally, the destination features a range of recreational options, including surfing, boating, scuba, fishing and paragliding, birding, cycling, golf, tennis, archery and horseback riding.
According to the National Marine Sanctuaries of the West Coast, Pacifica is known to be the fourth richest area in the world for marine mammal life.
For more information about the destination of Pacifica, California, please visithttp://visitpacifica.com.